Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Found It!

Bull Creek Greenbelt has been officially located.  I realized last night that I had turned down the wrong street in my search yesterday morning.

The trail was great, even though I made a wrong turn ON THE FLIPPIN TRAIL.  The reported length is supposedly about 12 1/2 miles, but thanks to my amazing sense of direction, I made a wrong turn and so instead of a 10 mile out-and-back I only hit 2.6 out.  Just means that I have to go back out there tomorrow and hit it again.

The trail, what I ran of it, was pretty flat, not too many changes in elevation.  As far as technicality goes, not much to write home about, but there were some rocky sections that slowed me down to a walk.  Stomache problems plagued me at the very start, the first mile was not as fun as it could have been, but a beer goes to the trail planner who decided public bathrooms were a good idea.

No comments: