Friday, August 13, 2010

Annoying Butt Cheek of Aching

And God said unto them, "Let them run with the deer, and bunnies, and the lambs, and sloths, and carp, and anchovies, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats, and other assorted furry woodland creatures."

I'm sure that's in the bible somewhere, or at least for some reason I remember it being in there.

Was sick all week, with exactly what I'm not sure, but it was very flu-ish (side note: it might as well have been "The Black Death").  In short, I didn't run this week.  I did go Monday morning thinking that I could sweat out, and eventually, hack out the heavy lump of mucus that was developing in my chest, but no such luck, it got progressively worse as the day went on and became a full-blown kick-you-in-the-jubblies illness.

Today was the first time to be back on the trail.  I took it short and easy as tomorrow I'll go for a long run, per my very loose schedule.  If I wanted to be honest, which I don't really want to be, I'd say that I went extra easy on myself to shake out some of the gathered cobwebs.

I went to the usual spot, Walnut Creek Park, and hit the usual loop.  Only 4 miles, but there was a LOT of dust to shake out of my system.  Near the end of the run, I had to take a few more walk breaks than I'm used to for such a short run and I felt some soreness in my left butt cheek(was a pain in the ass, I'M HERE ALL NIGHT PEOPLE) and a twinge in my right knee.  Why?  Don't really know.  I have had a prior injury to my knee, but as far as my ass, I mean, left butt-cheek, who knows.

Tomorrow it's back to Long-Day Saturday, but as to where I'll trod, it's still up in the air.  Hopefully it'll be a day devoid of muscle and joint pains.

No comments: