Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cause He Can't, He Won't and He Don't Stop.

It's getting easier. The main loop of of the trail was inundated by runners, training in the weeks before school I'm sure, stretching out those legs that had gone a little comatose over the summer break, but damn there sure where a lot of them. Lucky for me, as I turned off onto my usual route the gazelle count dropped considerably as they were all corralling themselves behind.

Ten miles down on paper, going into it I had my head held as high as my expectations, and I did not disappoint myself. Up until today I've been training with a 5 min run to 1 min walk switch off. The last five miles I changed it up and went for a 10 min run to 1 min walk switch. I was expecting to feel sluggish, tired, and as if the 10 min would drag. Running farther and longer actually made the run feel shorter. I'm going to see if I can switch to 10 to 1's on my training days and leave the 5 to 1's for my recoveries.

Tomorrow I start to include a little cross training with my recovery runs and off days. A little mountain biking will definitely add a little spice and fun to my weeks.

No comments: