Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Here we go again...

(From Tuesday, 07 July 2009)

50 here I come!!Researching training programs and future races during offtime at work is always exciting.

Tomorrow I start again, with that golden carrot of a 50 miler not far in the distance. This will be my second attempt at the distance as the last time I trained for something this big it ended in a severely swollen knee and the advice to stay off running long distances (longer than 50 miles a week) for a few months. If my math is correct, I should be expected to start sweating the big day sometime in September, with a marathon or two thrown in between now and then for good measure.

This time I plan to go at a slower pace, listen to the creeks of my body a little closer, eat more pb&h ban-agels, drink a LOT more water, and enjoy the trails a little deeper. I CANNOT wait to lace up my runners in the morning.

-Mannie

No comments: